Follow by Email

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Million Dollar Desk ReImagined


Why, oh why, don't my photos post in the order they were uploaded?

It's very annoying.


Remember the Million Dollar (ok, $800) desk?
She's had a bit of a facelift...


I struggled with this desk...not sure why.
Usually, I know exactly what I want to do with a piece.
First, it was going to be red.
Then white.
Then aqua.
No distressing.
A little distressing.
A LOT of distressing....ah, much better!
Wax?
Clear only?
Dark wax?


In case you forgot, here's the "before" photo op...
in typical make-over fashion, the "before" shot
features an ugly background and poor lighting...

I decided to let her just "be"...and I think she's lovely.


She's still a bit rough around the edges, but that shabbiness makes her so wonderful.
Wouldn't this desk be fabulous in a little beachside cottage,
with lots of white, and an ocean view?

How about just an ocean view and we forget about the desk?

No comments:

Post a Comment