Thursday, July 14, 2011

Million Dollar Desk ReImagined


Why, oh why, don't my photos post in the order they were uploaded?

It's very annoying.


Remember the Million Dollar (ok, $800) desk?
She's had a bit of a facelift...


I struggled with this desk...not sure why.
Usually, I know exactly what I want to do with a piece.
First, it was going to be red.
Then white.
Then aqua.
No distressing.
A little distressing.
A LOT of distressing....ah, much better!
Wax?
Clear only?
Dark wax?


In case you forgot, here's the "before" photo op...
in typical make-over fashion, the "before" shot
features an ugly background and poor lighting...

I decided to let her just "be"...and I think she's lovely.


She's still a bit rough around the edges, but that shabbiness makes her so wonderful.
Wouldn't this desk be fabulous in a little beachside cottage,
with lots of white, and an ocean view?

How about just an ocean view and we forget about the desk?

No comments:

Post a Comment