So many options!
I struggled for weeks over what color/finish it "needed"
I finally settled on Luxe Grey from Amy Howard at Home
highlighted with white and some gold leaf
In theory, it worked
In reality, it was a lot of "look"
if you know what I mean
The bed just didn't need it!
I switched gears, keeping the Luxe Grey
but highlighting with only Dust of Ages
So. Many. Details.
This bed took me WEEKS
(primarily because I could NOT work on it continuously...had to break it up!)
In retrospect, it's totally worth it
(well, it WILL be worth it when it sells!)
I had BIG plans to stage this bed...
a queen sized air mattress, pretty ruffled bedding, lots of pillows
I had a BIT of trouble setting it up alone!
So for now, it's staged just like you see it in the above photo...propped against the wall!
This gorgeous tallboy seemed like an ideal companion for the bed
It's just a "little" fancy...so it doesn't compete
with the Baroque fabulousness of the bed
I wanted the hardware to look like antique, tarnished silver...
I'm really quite pleased with how it all came together...
proof that sometimes,
less really is more
Thanks for stopping by!