Monday, July 8, 2013

Henredon makes my heart beat faster

Henredon...vintage Henredon
how you make my heart SING!

Especially when it's FRENCH PROVINCIAL Henredon
so hard to come by...I've only had one other
(and let's face it, we've has a LOT of pieces pass through our hands!)

This was an estate purchase...
we found an old pay stub inside from Bausch and Lomb, circa 1972.
Net for the week?  $288. 
I gather that was a fair sum in 1972, as Henredon isn't inexpensive!

But enough yapping from me...check out this loveliness

 I adore this style...the taller, more tapered legs are very elegant
and remind me of Drexel's Touraine line
(but this has prettier hardware!)

 Excuse the unedited, non-glamour shots
("befores" are supposed to look terrible, right?)

 Serpentine body
(killer curves on this girl!)


 Lately, we've only been finding single nightstands
so we were thrilled this had a pair

 Full/Queen headboard w nice carved details to mimic the mirror
Cane is PERFECT


And can you believe they had the tallboy, too?
You KNOW I did a little happy dance when no one was looking!

We are picking up another dresser, nightstand, mirror, and two tallboys tonight...
much to Kenny's surprise because after unloading all this, I received the following text:

"We are officially FULL UP. No more furniture until the shipper comes"

Surely we can fit in a FEW more pieces, right??  


No comments:

Post a Comment