Monday, July 29, 2013

Drexel, parlor chairs, French Provincial, OH MY!

I planned on painting today...really, I did!

But I got to the studio, and suddenly had the urge to go look for furniture
and who am I to argue with that?  

Now, we know Mondays are NOT a good day, but I was not going to be swayed
(and it didn't take much convincing to get Kenny to agree!)

We headed off to our usual haunts
without success

We stopped by a few shops to say hello to the owners 
(who were not in!)

It was shaping up to be a fruitless day

On our way home,
one of our picker friends called
to give us first dibs

Behold!



Kenny INSISTED on buying these...
he wants them for his man-cave
I envisioned a Chesterfield leather sofa, but whatever!



I think this charming parlor chair *might* be my new desk chair


HELLO DREXEL!

Someone painted them an unfortunate shade of avocado green 
(latex, no less)
but these pieces will be looking oh so lovely very soon!

The irony of this situation?

Our picker friend is in the same industrial park as our studio...
we could have stayed put and still landed these goodies :0)  

Love when the good stuff finds us!


2 comments:

  1. I have to say that you deserve to somehow get so many lovely pieces of furniture that you then transform into even lovelier pieces. Of course, if I am honest there are some that are not to my taste but your workmanship is always top class. If I could only pick up the odd piece at the price and quality that you can I would be ecstatic and I live in France!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We are actually sending four pieces to France tomorrow! I thought it unusual that someone in France was buying French reproduction pieces from Florida...!!

    ReplyDelete