Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Seaside Stripes


I started working on this darling dresser
before the holidays


I wasn't sure where
I wanted to go with it
so I kept starting, then walking away
in favor of other projects


It all just sort of came together
and I'm loving the outcome!


Keegan kept me company
while I was waxing this piece
this is his creation!


I think this piece
has a very coastal
beachy vibe


Would be a fabulous pop of color
in a neutral room
(I'm thinking slouchy baskets, white slipcovers...)


Although it would clearly work in a bedroom
I'm enjoying the idea of using it for storage
in the bath
or
in a hall or entry way


Perhaps a child's room?


In any event, I hope you love it as much as I do
I custom mixed this luscious blue
it's deep and rich
without being overly formal
The freehand stripes aren't perfect
and are slightly random
like your favorite beach towel
or a faded cabana...

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE that! I could totally see that in my house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your style and color combination! Coquille 'vintage'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet comments...it was a fun piece to work on!

    ReplyDelete