Sunday, August 28, 2011

Rustic Versailles?


I found this lovely little commode yesterday,
and could barely get it home fast enough to paint it!


The lovely Robyn of Robyn Story Designs
allowed me to purchase
some great ASCP in sample sizes....
Versailles was one of my picks.
Link

This piece just really wanted to be Versailles...
I pulled out Paris Grey,
then French Linen,
then settled on Greek Blue...
I went to clean out the drawers,
and discovered they had original olive green paint.
Versailles looked great with the darker olive!


I love that it's all Frenchy curves,
yet the wood is very thick and rustic...
tres French Chateau


I know some folks claim that painted hardware
gets gunky and sticky,
but I've not had a problem with this...
I think latex is the culprit in that situation!

In any event, I opted to leave the handles original...
I like the darkness and visual interest they add to the piece

I have a perfect spot for this piece in my house...
hmmm...can't keep them all, right??

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely, you do this so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much, what a nice thing to say! I'd be perfectly content picking and painting all day...every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...this piece is so YUMMY!! Love it. Just came over from shades of amber. I am a new follower :-)). Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....beautiful! I have two nightstands.....french, I might add, that are screaming to be lavished in Versailles......like you, time is my constraint. But alas, you have driven me to push past and I am determined to paint these ASAP and show them off!
    Love your blog and love your talent!
    Blessings abundant......and come and visit when you can! www.rhondasyellowbrickroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AMAZING!!! I'm your newest follower. Found you at Shades of Amber.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I featured you on my Favorites of the Week! Hope you can stop by: www.howtonestforless.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful. Definitely a one of a kind statement piece!

    ReplyDelete