Thursday, May 16, 2013

Dirty...

no, not me...the finish! 

We received some fun products from Maison Blanche Paint Company
and of course, Colette was the first color I tried!

I only had a sample size of this amazing color,
so I selected a smaller piece...
I love the color so much, I'm going to do a dresser in it soon!

I found the paint to be smooth and creamy
and a little bit thicker than what I'm used to
I added a bit of water to the small pot until the consistency was what I wanted
Even without diluting, it was easy to work with
and the coverage was great with this color
I used two coats on this piece

Of course, I'll save all the details and opinions for a larger project,
as this one was pretty small


I applied one coat of MB's Antique Wax in Dark Brown
The upside of this wax is that it is VERY easy to apply...
and equally easy to remove.
If dark wax intimidates you, this is the product you want to try next time
For me, the downside was that even the Dark Brown wasn't as dark as I like
(that's the trade off...the thinner wax means easy to apply and remove but less color saturation)

I could have applied multiple coats (I'll try that next time)
but I also received a product I've been itching to try...


 This product was easy to use, but heed the warning about it being messy...
it's like dusting, well, finely ground dirt! 

 I adore the color Le Dirt adds...a soft greyish tone
that I can't wait to try over white and pale grey


Of course, it settles in all the same areas wax settles in to, 
highlighting the nooks and crannies

I'm very pleased with how the products perform
and we're looking forward to trying a few more colors and ancillary products

This cute shelf is currently for sale in our Etsy shop

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the color! What a cute little shelf...well done!
    Ashley Rane Sparks
    www.makeitrane.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting dimension of the dust. Is this something that adheres onto the wax?

    ReplyDelete