Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pink Peonies...


I decided to paint the Empress Dresser...
it has great lines
with very little detail
EXACTLY what I wanted
for this vibrant color


Mixing up an elegant Hot Pink
took a bit more effort
than one might think...
A drop of white to red, right?
Sure, if you want bubble gum...
I wanted
richness,
depth,
sophistication...

You get the idea!

This old girl had been separated from her mirror
long before I acquired her
She needed a new one, don't you agree?
It's also solid wood
and very old

I think they are perfect together...
the ornate mirror
plays off
the simple curves of the dresser


I can visualize this in so many areas
of a home

Imagine this in an entry way
or as a side table in your boudoir...


In case you missed it, here she was "before"
this is actually a fairly flattering pic
because up close, it wasn't pretty!

I think she went from
girl-next-door
to
BOMBSHELL

10 comments:

  1. HOLY CRAP Michele!!! This looks so freaking fabulous I could just die. LOVE LOVE LOVE. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well that old Girl is not Sassy n Hot. I just LOVE hot pink, and these two gals look fabulous together!!! Im praying for the Paypal Fairy to hit my account for Christmas, bc I want THESE two in my cart. LOVE!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning! I love, love, love! Thanks so much for sharing. I'm visiting from Shades of Amber.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a difference, she is definitely a bombshell now! Great job...vavava vooom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! What color paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a custom mix of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. And thanks for all the kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you share your color recipe?

      Delete
    2. Hi Katie, our color formulas are proprietary, we don't share them, sorry!

      Delete
  7. love the mirror and dresser. perfect together, Kathy, Petticoat Junktion

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you willing to share your color recipe? I want a color like that and have the Emperor's Silk, Emile, and Old White. Getting ready to start mixing my own and would love some tips on how you got your gorgeous pink.

    ReplyDelete