Monday, October 15, 2012

World Traveller Dining Room Set

 Inspiration comes from so many different sources...
in this instance, it was the fabric!

 I loved it, had NO plan for it,
but bought 5 yards anyway...
it has a Moroccan vibe to it, don't you think? 




 The chairs and the table base
got coated in Annie Sloan's Old Ochre
before being sealed with Pure Tung Oil

 Kenny has used Tung Oil in the past, but I had not
It's sticky, and has a peanutty smell
I applied two coats, 24hrs apart, right over the chalk paint
After wiping away the excess, I was left with a durable finish

 I could have stopped there,
but I wanted an older, more worn look...
so I applied a dark wax glaze over the Tung Oil
On the table top, I then sanded away some of the wax
to create a streaky, worn, weathered finish...

 The leaves were SUCH a pain!
Ever have one of those pieces that should be so easy,
yet everything keeps going WRONG?? 
That was this set!
In the end, I am  quite pleased
with the Moroccan Trellis stencil, done in white,
outlined by vibrant blue and rich coco


This set mixes elegance with adventure...
a little pretty, a little funky

You can find this in our Etsy Shop

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. I love the fabric. I think I have the same fabric in a different color lot that I made into drapes for my finished basement. I'd love for you to link this up to my party that opens each week at 8pm EST. I found you via Pinterest, although whoever pinned you didn't source it back to you. I saw your watermark and found it. I am pinning this directly from here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy! Thanks so much. I will certainly try to remember. I will say I am TERRIBLE about remembering which link parties start when...If I end up linking up, it's totally random that I remembered...lol

      Delete